Calbrandt is looking for a highly motivated Engineering student to work from May – August 2022. In this role, you will assist the engineering team in developing a new line of equipment. You will be working with Engineering and Shop personnel to target lower manufacturing and production times and to meet the needs for cost efficiency. This position will be mainly focused on mechanical engineering but will also be exposed to Hydraulic and Electrical disciplines as well.
While at Calbrandt, you will:
· Work with design team to conceptualize a new line of equipment for the railcar industry.
· 3D design, draw and calculate forces of equipment.
· Using 2D drawing format to create basic layouts for design and shop prints.
· Create unique designs and work with others to bring them through production.
· Provide analysis data for loads and strength of equipment designs.
· Be enrolled in a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering and be on track to graduate in the next 2 years or less.
· Interest in design and manufacturing.
· Be willing to put forward ideas, and to see them through.
Calbrandt is a world leader in the design and manufacture of foundation or rail tie mounted “automated electro/hydraulic/mechanical systems” including Railcar Movers, Railcar Gate Openers, and Railcar Retarders. Freight rail customers are using our equipment to index / spot strings of railcars for load out or receiving various commodities, and to open/close railcar hopper gates at their facilities across the world. We are looking for individuals with the expertise to help facilitate the growth and continued success of our company. If you enjoy variety then this is the right opportunity for you.